The Houston Grappling Academy was created to provide a safe, clean and effective way for adults, kids and whole families to train in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Traditional Wrestling and Self Defense. With 1,700 square feet of Zebra Mats, H.G.A. has the largest matted training space in the area. Owner Jim Alfano and his coaching team have over 40 years of combined training, competing and coaching experience in Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Judo, self defense.
H.G.A. is located at 12507 Woodworth Drive Suite #500 Cypress, Tx 77429. Come in and try a free class!
- The owner and instructors are Cy-Fair residents with children of their own in the community.
- We want to provide children, teen-agers and adults that are looking for real world self defense instruction to be able to do so in a family oriented environment.
- To provide a safe, clean grappling academy in the Cy-Fair area offering Brazilian Jiujitsu, traditional wrestling and self defense classes to the community.
- We will focus on empowering children, teens and adults with the discipline to avoid a threatening or hostile situation, but be capable to protect themselves as a last resort.
- We will follow and teach the instruction and training styles of our black belt instructor Professor Art Alvarado of Houston BJJ in Brazilian jiu-jitsu and self defense.
- We will teach folk-style, free style and Greco Roman wrestling techniques.
- We will have select members to compete both locally and nationally in Jiu Jitsu and/or Wrestling tournaments on our organized club teams.